10.15.2010

Practicum Experience

This year is almost over! I cannot believe how fast it has gone by and how close I am to having a masters in teaching. I wanted to share an update about my current progress because I think I am learning a lot right now about who I want to be as a teacher and who I want to be as an individual. As I begin the process of learning how to structure lesson plans I realize that it is so much more than one might think. Embedded within my struggle to construct well thought out lesson plans, is a sincere and tireless desire to create a fascinating and exciting learning environment. This is much easier said than done! I am told again and again that as you grow as a teacher, this process becomes much easier. I imagine it is much like driving a manual car or riding a bike. However, the time in between being good at your job and being a beginner seems endless.

For my practicum I will be teaching a 2nd grade some in depth mapping skills. I will keep my site updated as the experience progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment