11.18.2009

Analyzing Student Data in a Spreadsheet

The first spreadsheet shows the test scores from the 6-10th test, the test averages, and the student averages, as well as an overall testing average. You can see by the variation in color that the students have been organized according to their test score average. The top half are the students whose test scores were below average, and the lower half are the students whose test scores were above average. I enjoyed this activity, I found it interesting and whenever I was faced with a challenge I persevered because I enjoy google features so much!



The first chart illustrates the overall test averages for all tests 1-10. This is a great reference for gathering where your students learning is progressing to and where it has come from. It is important to be reminded of the progress of learning. being aware of this information can also provide important clues about what material is sticking and where there is room for change.



This final chart shoes the test scores of the below average portion of the class. I think these graphs are so important when assessing student growth and understanding. I like this graph because it is colorful and easy to read, and it was not as complicated to construct as I had once thought. Just as a side note, I would never have known how to do this before this class. The whole world of google has expanded my concept of internet to a place that I never thought I would go!




Here is a link to the hard copy.
http://tinyurl.com/yz6d3nc

Also, yesterday while working on this project, I skyped with my dad while he was flying. Yes, flying. He was somewhere over Idaho, 30,000 feet in the air, and I was here in Salem Oregon about 2 feet in the air (I was in a chair). Needless to say this was AWESOME. We also did some file exchanges and he edited my class Mgmt paper and then sent it back to me right before he landed. WOW, so so cool.

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE, PLEASE share this Skype experience with the class. Isn't that amazing. Also amazing is your progress in spreadsheeting and embedding! THanks for taking the time to analyze the trends.

    ReplyDelete